Tuesday, July 10, 2018

MARCHING AGAINST TRUMP

I am truly impressed that even before the President announced his SC  decision the marchers were out with their signs -simple leaving space to add the name of the nominee.
Similarly on certain days the marchers are at the border with  Mexico.
My question is =who pays these people? who arranges their transportation-food etc?
Are they all retired and living on a pension- OR is there a group of READY_TO MARCH  AND DEMONSTRATE FOR OR AGAINST ANY ENEMY OF THE LEFT ?
I have been involved most of my life with public policy issues primarily to protect the safety of Israel. In all of my adult life, no person or group  never asked me to join a public demonstration-except once in Yeshiva College. the students  went to the pier in Bayonne N J , where they were loading US tanks to be shipped to Jordan , then at war with Israel.
The students charted a bus, and  we made a "statement"  worthy of 2-3 lines in the next days newspaper.
I truly support the right of people to express their opinions in a public manner. I do not support paying for demonstrators to clog the streets ,or to fill up a chamber of a legislature and prevent the orderly passage of legislation.
Certainly, I abhor interfering with the ability of political office holders from going about their normal daily routines either alone or with their families.
Threatening Republicans for wearing a Trump hat should be objectionable to every Democrat no matter what their political views are.