Friday, April 17, 2009

Post Passover

The Passover week was exciting with the release of the American Captain .That piece of good news was cancelled out by the bland Security Council resolution on N. Korea..
I personally think that the attempt to isolate Cuba was poorly thought out.If we have had relations with China,with a mild degree of success, why is Cuba any different?
I would love to visit Cuba, and meet the Jewish population.
The Mitchell visit is the early step in trying to pressure Israel on the "2- State" solution, however certainly at this stage it will not work.
I look forward to my trip to Irael with my Talmud shiur from Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern on the 26th.This is our 4th trip,since we started learning together about 24 years ago.
This Monday we have a siyum on Tractate Makos,and this is our 3rd such celebration.While I am in Florida,Dr. Michael Muschel teaches in my stead