Thursday, May 24, 2012

job preperation / iran /pres. richard joel

Let ua examine Obama's criteria for becoming President.
A businessman?==NO
 executive experience--?
So it's not clear--therefore examine Obama's rise
community organizer,failed candidate for Congress ,State Senator with a record number of "present " votes,and a few tears as a Junior Senator running for Pres.
Oh yes 2 books about HIMSELF
NO PRIVATE -NON-GOVERNMENTAL BUSINESS OR EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE.
SO WHICH PART OF THAT RECORD DOES HE BELIEVE PREPARED HIM  TO BE COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF AS WELL AS STEWARD OF THE WORLD'S MOST IMPORTANT ECONOMY?

IT IS CLEAR, THAT THE P6 REALLY HAVE ONE AIM-NOT TO PREVENT AN IRANIAN BOMB, BUT PREVENT AN ISRAELI ATTACK.
AND, IF THEY CAN'T DO THAT, AT LEAST POSPONE IT UNTIL AFTER THE ELECTION IN NOV.


I have not had a real discussion with President Richard Joel of Yeshiva University for many years.Last nite at the alumni reunion I did have such an opportunity.
I know him from his days as National head of Hillel,when I served on the Board of the Jim Joseph Foundation, and we worked on a project together for HILLEL-NCSY.
When the Lanner scandel broke, I turned to him to head the independent Commission that was to bear his name.It was a difficult and thankless assignment.However he was a tough but outstanding leader,and he was able to stabilize an ugly situation.
Last nite, I was truly impressed as to how he has grown into his position.He is warm ,approachable and charming.
I once told him, that I feel partially responsible for his elevation to the YU Presidency, since the Joel Commission had so much positive publicity,that he was brought to the atttention of the search committee.
One  thing he said to me for which I am grateful  ---  -"you and I,--  WE saved the Union".