Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Illinois- business as usual / Olmert-Abbas /Hold the Line

There has always been something about the air in Illinois that reeks of official corruption.Presidential ballots found floating down the river which if counted might have spelled a different conclusion in Nixon's first run.
I recall when I was a medical student in Chicago,I was stopped by a traffic cop.I was in my whites, going from one hospital to another.The cop after telling me how wonderful doctors were to the men in blue,calmly asked me for $10 to forget the matter.When I informed him I only had $7 in my pocket,he settled on $5.-case closed.
If there is a special election,and there is a Democratic primary including some who may have had a hand in trying to bribe the Gov.,then there is a possibility of a Rep. pickup.
By the way, the Rangel wrangle gets more twisted each day. How Pelosi won't step up to the plate is beyond imagination..

===================================================================================

The report by Tony Blair that Olmert and Abbas have an oral deal is beyond belief.The election cannot happen soon enough!

=====================================================================================

The threat of a fillibuster on the auto-bailout is real,and more attention should be paid to some sort of pre-arranged bankruptcy.
The Republicans in the Senate will have to be prepared for steam-roller tactics over spending, health-care and card-check.If anyone can hold the line, it is Mitch McConnell