Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Political Consultants / Olmert and the mini-speech

I am an addict of cable news shows when I have free time.I really don't find too much else redeeming on TV.
Thus I am amazed at the stable of "political consultants"(nee strategists)of all parties,shapes and colors who possess the gift of gab.
WHAT THEY ALL HAVE IN COMMON IS A LACK OF FRANKNESS ,ORIGINALITY OR INSIGHT.
When the moderator asks a question,you can be sure to hear the party line.Sometimes I try to play-act as the consultant for each party and anticipate their answersm>. I am 80% right.
Question: Aside from acting as talking heads, why do the parties need so many paid consultants?

I am available and work for cheap!
>=========================================================
The opposition forced PM Olmert to come to the Knesset to discuss the various problems Israel faces.
With great chutzpah, he gave a mini-talk.
The JPost times it at 2 minutes. Haaretz at 1 minute.The PM's action only confirms the low level of importance that the Knesset plays in Israeli Democracy,once the ruling Party is confirmed and installed.