Sunday, July 12, 2009

"political correctness" / Cong Eliot Engel

I am indebted to my dear friend Dr. Richard Kroll who sent me the following:

"Sometimes you are encouraged about our country's future when you see something like this.

Specifically there is an annual contest at Texas A & M University calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term.


This years term was "political correctness"

The winner wrote
Political correctness is a doctrine , fostered by a delusional ,illogic minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrpulous mainstream media ,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"
R. J. Wiedemann LtCol USMC Ret,

I was shocked to see that my friend Cong. Eliot Engel who is Chairman of the W. Hemisphere sucommittee, attack the removal of Manuel Zelaya as a "military coup".
I have great affection for Eliot, and spoke to him only last week about the Obama policy toward settlements.He is truly one of the most dedicated activists in the Congress on these issues.
However,I take exception with him on Honduras,where the Supreme Court,the National Assembly,the Church and the Military saved Honduras from a Chavez-like takeover for life.Yes Obama and Clinton attacked the events,however we should be grateful and support Honduras.


u