Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Faisal Shahzad

Elli Ganchrow writes:

In 1995 my father took me to my first AIPAC convention during which he took me to a side room where a then largely unknown expert on terrorism, Steve Emerson, was trying to raise money for his anti-terrorism endeavors. He presented a documentary based on undercover filming of Islamic fundamentalists operating in the United States. The fundamentalists were caught on film discussing various plots against the West. An elderly man sitting in front of me got up and said "This is baloney." The man accused Emerson of being a fear-mongerer and promptly walked out. Such was the typical 9/10 mindset- a failure to imagine what Islamic terrorists were capable of. Unfortunately, the Obama administration has attempted to return the country to that same 9/10 mindset- they refuse to say that we are at war with Islamic facsists. The conviction of the Times Square bomber, Faisal Shahzad, reminds all of us that we still need a 9/11 perspective- a willingness to identify and wipe out the enemy. Shahzad said at his sentencing "If I'm given 1,000 lives I will sacrifice them all for the life of Allah". We need to wake up to the danger lurking in our country.