Thursday, September 18, 2008

SHAMEFUL!

All evening I have become increasingly upset with the decision to disinvite Gov. Palin.For nine years I served on the Conference of Presidents, six as OU President,and three as Exec. VP of the Religious Zionists.I have always been a fan of the organization and its leadership.
In truth, before I point fingers.I must admit that not knowing what took place within the discussions,and the roles of ancillary organizations puts me at a disadvantage.
However RES IPSI LOQUITOR- the matter speaks for itself.

Nevertheless,this "politically correct" decision is truly unacceptable and shameful.
This rally was never about candidates,but rather how do you mobilize a large group of citizens to take time out from work ,to protest the maniacal anti-semitic and anti American President of Iran.
In truth,Sen. Clinton has been to hundreds if not thousands of rallies and meetings.Provided you are not inviting a racist or radical,no politician would ask for a list of invitees.At most,the organizers would arrange for opposing candidates to appear at different times.
As I noted yesterday, I personally observed Clinton and many candidates from both parties attend rallies.but yet never be on the stage at the same time,and never having to shake hands.Remember this is a street rally with plenty of room so that the Secret Service could have coordinated the visits of Hillary and Sarah.
I recall a HUVPAC dinner 2 or 3 years ago where Hillary and a conservative Republican Senator were both our guest speakers.They sat together and acted warmly as they should have.Sarah Palin is not a monster,and she deserves respect even if you disagree with her.
The presence of Clinton and Palin together with Gov. Patterson and perhaps PM Olmert would have guaranteed a large crowd, and great press coverage.Two individuals calleds me tonite and said they would not attend since the oxygen has been snuffed from the rally.

Perhaps they should cancel it,and welcome Ahmedijean with a sign "PROTEST CANCELLED DUE TO SMALL MINDED POLITICIANS WHO THINK ONLY OF THEMSELVES AND NOT OF THE ISSUES-AIDED BY JEWISH LEADERS WITHOUT BETZIM" (GONADS)
What would have happened if Palin came, and the Dems won,would they change their policy to Israel? or to Jewish Organizations? I think not.
Their motto is what can you do for me NOW, and in the FUTURE. What's past is past!