Tuesday, August 26, 2008

NO JOKES RE: OBAMA / " I LOVE AMERICA"

Last nite Sen. McCain was on the Jay Leno show.Leno joked abot his age a few times ,and about the number of homes he owns.He also made fun of Bush,Biden and Edwards.Alas not a single joke about Barak.
This is a dangerous area for comedians who worry of being accused of racism.This type of self-censorship is no different from the Obama camp trying to stop the ads regarding his association with the old terrorist Ayers.

==================================================================

When I was a kid, I loved the conventions.I remember when I was 10 years old, my parents sent me to bed,but I hid the radio under the pillow so I could hear the speeches such as Pres. Truman,or the Dixiecrats walkout.
Today,it is all scripted.No exciting rollcalls as at the Eisenhower convention.
Thus I looked at the Michelle Obama speech with a jaundiced eye.No question-great delivery,and all the right moves and words.
But then again,practice makes perfect-Have good writers,a debating coach and a teleprompter,and you are in business.
Imagine the scene .."I love America"...
"No Michelle- stress each word III LLOOVVEE AMERICA"
and so on,and on and on.
And thus after the speech the mevinim in the broadcasting booth-"Tonite Michelle Obama answered her critics- of course she loves America"
But yet,20 years with Rev Wright and Black Nationalism with her children in church weekly,combined with her angry and nasty comments before the nomination was secured,cannot be discarded.
Who should we believe?
Hollywood or the facts?